Wednesday, June 6, 2018

My collection

not my collection ;-)

So how about that collection of mine concerning greek stamps.

Well I have no problem to admit it's a very tiny collection.

As a kid I collected (worldwide) stamps on occasion, so when they came around I kept them.

Not much greek stamps came my way.

Last time when I counted my collection, which took place on october 27th, 1998, I had a total of 48 greek (used) stamps.

Then for 15 years I didn't actively sort out my stamps, put them in stockbooks etc, just put them in boxes, which I opened again in 2012.

part of my collection


I started swapping actively and my collection of greek stamps grew calmly, all the more since I was not focusing especially on greek stamps, just hoping to get some popping up in swaps.

A few years back (must be around 2006), I received a stockbook which contained (amongst others) a collection (about 70 stamps) of greek stamps (thank you Henny !)

So how did the collection evolve?

It counts as of today a total amount of 538 stamps. (without the Hermes stamps showed in earlier post)

the older part of my collection

But, how many greek stamps are issued as of today?

Colnect mentions 4.006 stamps.

My Hellas 2018 catalog ending in 2017 has as last stampnumber 2.985.

Keijo of Stamp Collecting Blog mentions 3.093 stamps (till 2016).

So depending on the total amount of stamps one retains I have about 13,42 % (Colnect) , 18,02 % (Hellas catalog) or 17,39 % (Stamp Collecting Blog).

So how about that difference? Might be a subject for a blogpost the coming weeks, who knows.

more of my collection

No comments:

Post a Comment