Saturday, June 2, 2018

Europa / CEPT series

Trying to get some order in my collection, I started to range them by series in my stockbook.

Which makes me realise I urgently need a few stockbooks for amongst others my greek stamps.

Anyway, since the new greek Europa stamps were issued recently, I thought it a good idea to give it a start with that series.

When I was a kid I didn't like this series very much, the design was not very fancy, the colours were not very attractive.

Not the most attractive stamps in my humble opinion

But by getting in contact with worldwide swappers and rediscovering this series I started to like this (Europa) series more and more and nowadays I try to get yearly the maximum of stamps postally used on a cover.

I mostly keep the covers as such, sometimes I soak off the stamps and add them to the collection (and I  always scan the cover in question).

You can follow my collection of Europa Covers here.

But for my collection of greek Europa/CEPT stamps I only will take in account those which were postally used and soaked from a cover.

So what do we have?




1st row
Europa CEPT 1972 "Communication" : Hellas n° 1222
Europa CEPT 1974 "Works of Art- sculpture" : Hellas n°1283 & n° 1282

2nd row :
Europa CEPT 1981 "Traditional dances" : Hellas n° 1561
Europa CEPT 2017 "Castles" : Hellas n° 2976 (Castle of Palamidi)

3rd row 
Europa CEPT 2013 "The Postman Van" : Hellas n° 2752 & n° 2753

That issue of 1974 is very nice by the way, just love these sculptures!

So that gives the mighty number of 7 stamps, well almost nothing of course.


I know where I can start looking for...

Have a nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment